Thursday 21 March 2013

Wiksten Tank v3 "Rumble in the Jungle" *Finished Object*

There certainly is a rumble in the jungle! You may remember, back in Summer last year- one of my bestest friends got married and I made a Sew Retro! Bombshell Dress. I adored the fabric, the dress and the uniqueness of it all. The dress got fantasic wear, I wore it independantly out about 6 times... I just couldn't resist!



Readers, it will be a long time until I wear this dress again...

So, in light of me buying three-times too much fabric in the first place, I made a maternity Wiksten tank out of some of the remaining fabric. This acts as a homage to where I have been and where I am now going, from party gal to motherhood!

 
 
 
 

I originally bought this fabric from The Fabricgodmother, it's not stocked anymore from what I can see. Believe it or not, this top is so nice to whack on at the weekend, in the sun, with jeans and Uggs! I felt really bright and breezy, but also comfortable.

I estimate these tops, with my alterations, will last me until about 7-8 months. I may even get away with them full-term.

Last Wiksten tomorrow!
 
Bundana
 
X

5 comments:

  1. V cute! And don't worry - you will get into your bombshell dress again in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Very different make from the bombshell but the fabric on this top is a nice reminder for you during your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabric makes such a great and easy to wear top. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dresss.... and with ur heels, were they Zebra from memory???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric - I love it's reincarnation from bombshell to wiksten :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment!