Monday 25 March 2013

Rainbow Quilt... Part I. Meet the Rainbow!



Visually, the spectrum has always made me happy to look at. I love the flow of the colours and how it's such a natural beauty, from a rainbow to a crystal catching the light.

I am going to embark on my first quilt, it's not going to be a hexie bonanza... it's going to be a Crayon Quilt, kindly tutored and explained by the very talented Sew Mama Sew




I'm going to make it into a play mat. My plan is to make it very thick, so bambina will be comfy crawling, rolling, napping and playing on it. With the help of 2 layers of batting encasing a layer of 405 GSM fibre bond wadding, hopefully should be thick enough. 

The end mat should be about 115 x 115 cm (or 45 x 45") 

Part One...


  • I have cut the squares into 7" squares, 25 in total in 7 different shades: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Pink
  • In total 25 squares

Next is the not so aesthetically pleasing job of cutting out 25 white 7" squares.

I am in no rush to get this finished quickly, I am just enjoying the process and hoping this will lead to a very pretty result!




Any ideas what fabric to use as binding? The pic above uses a yellow check. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment with the link to the fabric.


Bundana 

X


1 comment:

  1. Hmm it appears like your website ate my first
    comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


    Have a look at my web blog ... fastest way to make money online

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment!