I'm in, I'm in, I'm really REALLY in! If there is one thing that can keep me focused in life and achieve goals- crossing an item of a list as 'done'- is it. I love it, so satisfying.
Suzie @ Su Sews So-So has a group of peeps (me included) to come up with 12 aims of the year and work to attain them goals- and write about them on their blogs. So, here is mine:
1. Angela Kane's - Pinafore Dress -DONE
2. Jamie Christina - Sunny Day Dress - DONE
3. Burda Sewing Handbook Dress
4. Colette Patterns Sewing Handbook- Sweetheart Neck Sheath Dress
5. Colette Patterns Sewing Handbook- Asymmetrical Flounce Dress
6. Colette Patterns Sewing Handbook- The Lined Dress with Gathered Sleeves
7. Sewaholic - Lonsdale Dress
8. Jamie Christina - Honey Girl Dress
9. Colette Patterns- Peony
10. Colette Patterns- Eclair
11. Colette Patterns- Macaroon
12. Colette Patterns - Rooibos
1. Colette Patterns - Sorbetto DONE and a few more refashions from old clothes (pending...)
2. Burda Sewing Handbook - Skirt
3. Burda Sewing Handbook - Blouse
4. Burda Sewing Handbook - Bag
5. Butterwick - Cape 3566
6. Colette Patterns - Negroni Shirt
7. A pair of Jeans
8. Colette Patterns - Clovers (Trousers)
9. Colette Patterns Sewing Handbook - Scalloped Hem Skirt
10. Colette Patterns Sewing Handbook - Flutter Sleeve Blouse
11. Sewaholic - Pendrell Blouse
12. Colette Patterns - Beignet
1. Darts - DONE!
2. Inserting Elastic - DONE!
3. Bias Tape - DONE (ish)
5. Inserting Sleeves
9. Tucks and Pleats
11. Necklines and Collars
12. Buttons and Fastenings
1. Dressmaker's Dummy
2. Pinking Shears
3. Burda Sewing Handbook DONE!
4. Colette Sewing Handbook
5. French Curve
7. Tracing Wheel - DONE
8. Invisible Zipper Foot
9. Rolled Hem Foot
10. Blind Hem Foot
Seeing as I am a late comer to the 12 in 2012, I have included some of what I have done already in 2012 to catch up somewhat. Acceptable, I think. I'm sure Suzie will tell me if not!
What I will do, is as I complete a project I will refer back to my lists of 12 and then cross them off accordingly with updates of my progress. Now I have 4 lists of 12, I feel its attainable but a stretch... exactly what's needed to get myself going.
My ultimate aim this year is to truly feel like I have gone from 'novice' to 'intermediate' this year. My sewing classes were cancelled due to lack of interest and numbers, so I am going to teach myself with the amazing patterns, books and tutorials, community and blogs available online. Please feel free to be critical about what I do, I won't improve if I never get any critcism!
I'm going to make Clovers from Colette Patterns and refashion this dress into a Sorbetto. That's next up.....
... with black bias tape? I think its a winner? I love this dress, but I am a tad bored of it. It's about 5 years old. I think a Sorbetto would be cool with a pair of shorts and sandals for summer.