Saturday 31 March 2012

Weddings, Hen Parties and any other excuse to make DRESSES!

Good news a-bloody-hoy... 2012 appears to be where my friends have started to marry off and two of them are tying the knot in June and July. My response to this is to make dresses... lots! 

I am making 2 x Sew Retro Bombshell Dresses I signed up today. Boom! Having been paid on Friday (long depressing skint month!) and waking up this morning waking up to a great deal on the course @ $19.99 (or €16.00 to me)... I could not refuse such a bargain. It looks fabulous. Bloody fabulous. I have watched half of it already, haven't even printed out the pattern yet. I am so excited. I am also infuriated... why can't I have stuff now!? I need boning  I need to buy the materials in which to make my bodice structured and supported, so I need to buy (on line, Ireland remember... snail mail) some spiral steel boning. 




Also bought this week...

  • Colette Patterns galore! Eclair, Parfait and Crepe
Crepe

Eclair

Parfait


  • This lovely retro print from Fabric Godmother. Check out the website, it's glorious...


Which Colette Pattern shall I use this on???
  • Also laid-down: the deposit for my week away with Unique Couture on a week-course to push me onwards with some of the classical techniques of tailoring, sewing and pattern drafting. Giddy gum drops for that one. It's in East Yarkshire, so can sew in the day and see UK buddies by night. October a-hoy!

Some other great news in the pipeline, but I don't want to count ma chucks and all that... so I will reveal all in good time!

Later this week... my Burda Sewing Handbook dress....


Bundana

X






9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are going to be really busy sewing, And that retro bombshell dress looks like an amazing project! Cool blog and as you said nice to find another Galway head!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna be SEW busy, hahahaha. Sorry, bad joke. I love it though, so it doesn't seem like 'bad busy'. I'll pop over when I am next in town :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh busy busy busy! Looks like you've got some amazing projects planned, can't wait to see them all paraded on your gorjuss self across the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In light of it being 23 degrees celcius when I made them purchases, I hope the nice weather comes back again soon... it's chuffing BALTIC here at the mo!

      Delete
  3. It's all go, go ,go, go lol. Yeah I have seen a few of the bombshell creations they look fabulous. There will probably be a few on Pattern Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have a quick look. Pretty much decided on my fabric now though :D When you've got the bug... there is no stopping you, is there?!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the email hun :)
    I am definitely checking this Bombshell Dress course out! Is there an expiry on the special price?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year was the wedding year for us! I love the Colette patterns and the fabric you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colette Patterns are just a dream to make, so well made and explained. Gives you confidence!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment!